Here’s a video you can practice along with to get into a a fluid motion of chanting bij mantras (Sanskrit seed syllables) with mudras (hand gestures). It’s peaceful, invigorating & fun to do out in nature! The hand gestures aren’t required…I am just attempting to recreate what I saw a guy do in on a youtube video. At any rate it feels good to feel all that prana flow!
Starting at root:
I am chanting each of these seed syllables (bij mantra) with its corresponding chakra (energy centers) in the body. For the last 2 chakras (third eye & crown) you can chant OM.
Try it & feel how your voice, the sound vibrations, the energy & your body interact!
- access more vitality in the body
- relieve stress
- get a sense of peace
- relief from monkey mind/ obsession/ ruminating
- strengthens the voice
- puts you in touch with your unique self-expression
- can serve as a daily meditation practice
Questions to ask yourself after:
- What emotions came up after this practice?
- Which sound was I most drawn to?
- Where in my body did I feel the sound resonate the most?
- How is my speaking voice sounding/ feeling?
- What happens if I do this practice right before work? Before I go to bed? In the morning?